Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Children, Adolescents, and Adults
Anxiety Group for Children
Does your child worry too much?
...avoid beginning a task or activity due to nervousness?
...avoid situations that he or she may find anxiety provoking?
...seek reassurance over and over?
If so, your child is likely to benefit from this program. This group runs for a series of 8 weeks and is appropriate for children in grades 2-4 who worry a lot.
Your child will:
- Receive components of evidence based cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Be supported emotionally by a licensed psychologist
- Find out how worries begin and how they grow
- Have exposure to other children just like him or her who worry a lot
- Learn how to recognize his or her worries
- Master new skills aimed at reducing worries
This program is run by Dr. Nicole Keenan, licensed psychologist of CBT Solutions of Long Island. Dr. Keenan has a Psy.D. in School Psychology and specializes in treating children and adolescents. The cost of this course is $50 per session. Space is limited. Please call ASAP for additional information or to reserve your child a spot.